Blue Board BBS
Add Reply
Miles K. Forrest
2008-05-16 22:34:05 UTC
I recently found out that Martin Sikes, the author of the C64 Blue
Board BBS sofware, died late last year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Blue_Board). Martin was from North Vancouver, and was really well
known and liked among the "modemmers" of BC. Lots of people ran Blue
Board around here, including me.

I've long since lost my copy of Blue Board which I purchase second
hand, complete with the blue duo-tang instruction manual. Does anyone
know where I can find a copy? I'd really like to setup a Blue Board
on the Internet over telnet as a memorial to Martin.

Thanks in advance,

Miles K. Forrest
Andrew Wiskow
2008-05-17 05:07:48 UTC
Post by Miles K. Forrest
I've long since lost my copy of Blue Board which I purchase second
hand, complete with the blue duo-tang instruction manual.  Does anyone
know where I can find a copy?  I'd really like to setup a Blue Board
on the Internet over telnet as a memorial to Martin.
Sorry, I've never even heard of it. It's also not listed on Bo
Zimmerman's C= BBS Programs website at http://server.zimmers.net/bbs/
... so, it's likely that it never made it out of the BC area. That'd
be great if you could find a copy though. Do you know any of the
other Blue Board SysOps? Maybe one of them has a copy. If you find
one, be sure to send a copy to Bo for addition to his website. :)

-Andrew
Sam Gillett
2008-05-17 23:25:25 UTC
"Andrew Wiskow" wrote ...
Post by Andrew Wiskow
Post by Miles K. Forrest
I've long since lost my copy of Blue Board which I purchase second
hand, complete with the blue duo-tang instruction manual. Does anyone
know where I can find a copy? I'd really like to setup a Blue Board
on the Internet over telnet as a memorial to Martin.
Sorry, I've never even heard of it. It's also not listed on Bo
Zimmerman's C= BBS Programs website at http://server.zimmers.net/bbs/
... so, it's likely that it never made it out of the BC area.
I may not remember correctly, but I think there may have been one BBS in the
Dallas area using that software
Post by Andrew Wiskow
That'd be great if you could find a copy though. Do you know any of the
other Blue Board SysOps? Maybe one of them has a copy. If you find one,
be sure to send a copy to Bo for addition to his website. :)
You are right. That system does need to be archived somewhere. If it is the
one I dimly remember, it was a good system.
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,