Idedos vs. Jiffydos
Charles Gutman
2019-04-19 03:35:28 UTC
Hello. I was wondering if idedos and jiffydos are anywhere near "compatible."
My guess is not even close since IDE format is entirely different.
I'm looking into purchasing a J/D enhanced 64, but wonder if it's worth it since I plan on running my IDE64 on it.
Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Thanks
Terry Raymond
2019-05-21 22:27:07 UTC
Post by Charles Gutman
Hello. I was wondering if idedos and jiffydos are anywhere near "compatible."
My guess is not even close since IDE format is entirely different.
I'm looking into purchasing a J/D enhanced 64, but wonder if it's worth it since I plan on running my IDE64 on it.
Any thoughts or suggestions on this?
Thanks
To my knowledge I don't think Jiffy Dos never supported IDE drives, just
1541
1571
1581
1541 clones
CMD HD 50 pin SCSI (scuzzy)
CMD FD-2000
CMD FD-4000 ???
CMD Ramlink
CMD V1 Super CPU
CMD V2 Super CPU
I never heard any mention though of CMD ever supporting IDE, sorry.
Terry Raymond
2019-05-21 22:32:35 UTC
Post by Terry Raymond
Post by Charles Gutman
Hello. I was wondering if idedos and jiffydos are anywhere near "compatible."
My guess is not even close since IDE format is entirely different.
I'm looking into purchasing a J/D enhanced 64, but wonder if it's worth it since I plan on running my IDE64 on it.
Any thoughts or suggestions on this?
Thanks
To my knowledge I don't think Jiffy Dos never supported IDE drives, just
1541
1571
1581
1541 clones
CMD HD 50 pin SCSI (scuzzy)
CMD FD-2000
CMD FD-4000 ???
CMD Ramlink
CMD V1 Super CPU
CMD V2 Super CPU
I never heard any mention though of CMD ever supporting IDE, sorry.
You would be better to order a UIEC 2 SD from Jim Brain on his store:
I hope this URL is correct:
www.store/go4retro.com
Jiffy Dos is very well compatible with the UIEC2SD is why I would recommend it.
my 2 cents worth. :-)