Mega65 Retro Computer - Kickstarter for moulds
r***@iglou.com
2020-01-10 05:41:52 UTC
Development of the Mega65, a clone of the Commodore 65, is progressing slowly but surely. Prototyping has gone on for a few years, prototype boards have been sent out to beta testers, and now a Kickstarter campaign has started to gather money to build the steel moulds (molds) for the injection-molded cases of the Mega65.

I have sent in my donation! For more information on the Mega65, go to

http://mega65.org/

or go to the page for Kickstarter donations at

http://mega65.org/moulds.html

To see the Mega65 discussion forum, go to

http://mega65.net (which will lead you to Forum64.de)

or on Facebook, see

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MEGA65RetroComputer/posts/

Happy New Year!
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Andreas Kohlbach
2020-01-10 16:55:25 UTC
Post by r***@iglou.com
Development of the Mega65, a clone of the Commodore 65, is
progressing slowly but surely. Prototyping has gone on for a few
years, prototype boards have been sent out to beta testers, and now a
Kickstarter campaign has started to gather money to build the steel
moulds (molds) for the injection-molded cases of the Mega65.
I have sent in my donation! For more information on the Mega65, go to
http://mega65.org/
or go to the page for Kickstarter donations at
http://mega65.org/moulds.html
To see the Mega65 discussion forum, go to
http://mega65.net (which will lead you to Forum64.de)
or on Facebook, see
https://www.facebook.com/pg/MEGA65RetroComputer/posts/
Interesting to see how that develops. Luckily I have an emulator able to
emulate almost any machine with a microprocessor in it and was able to
see how the C65 works.
Post by r***@iglou.com
Happy New Year!
Merry Christmas! ;-)
Andreas
Ed Vance
2020-01-10 06:57:00 UTC
01-10-20 11:55 Andreas Kohlbach wrote to ***@iglou.com about Re: Mega65
Retro Computer
Howdy! Andreas,
Post by r***@iglou.com
Development of the Mega65, a clone of the Commodore 65, is
progressing slowly but surely. Prototyping has gone on for a few
years, prototype boards have been sent out to beta testers, and now a
Kickstarter campaign has started to gather money to build the steel
moulds (molds) for the injection-molded cases of the Mega65.
-SNIP-
AK> Interesting to see how that develops. Luckily I have an emulator able
AK> to emulate almost any machine with a microprocessor in it and was able
AK> to see how the C65 works.

I seldom turn on the C=64 and have WinVice but haven't tried to use it for
a long while but I enjoy reading about the new developments for the C=64.

Your writing about the emulator has me wondering if You wrote it or if it
is a free download.

I'm thinking that Your emulator is ran on a C=64, or do You use some other
brand of gear with the emulator.

Thanks, 73 de Ed W9ODR . .

... Have you checked your smoke detector batteries & Fire Ext, LATELY?!
Andreas Kohlbach
2020-01-11 17:12:24 UTC
Post by Ed Vance
Retro Computer
Post by r***@iglou.com
Development of the Mega65, a clone of the Commodore 65, is
progressing slowly but surely. Prototyping has gone on for a few
years, prototype boards have been sent out to beta testers, and now a
Kickstarter campaign has started to gather money to build the steel
moulds (molds) for the injection-molded cases of the Mega65.
-SNIP-
AK> Interesting to see how that develops. Luckily I have an emulator able
AK> to emulate almost any machine with a microprocessor in it and was able
AK> to see how the C65 works.
I seldom turn on the C=64 and have WinVice but haven't tried to use it for
a long while but I enjoy reading about the new developments for the C=64.
The C65 is not a new development. It's like the "Commodore 64 Maxi" a -
umm - replica. Emulated.
Post by Ed Vance
Your writing about the emulator has me wondering if You wrote it or if it
is a free download.
Yes, it's called MAME. Earlier it could only emulate arcade video games,
since merging with MESS some years ago also computers, including
Commodore PET, VIC 20, C64 and C65, C128 (just took a video booting into
CP/M using the emulator at

Amiga.

Talking about these replicas (retro computer and -consoles), they usually
have MAME on a rom. You can get MAME for most computers at
<https://www.mame.net/> for free. You also need "driver" (containing
hardware specs to emulate them, plus BIOS or firmware) files.
Post by Ed Vance
I'm thinking that Your emulator is ran on a C=64, or do You use some other
brand of gear with the emulator.
The emulator runs on Debian Linux here. But is also available for
Windows, Linux, Mac OS, even MS-DOS or exots like Haiku. I think there is
even a version for the Amiga, so you can run a C64, PC, Atari or what
ever on your real Amiga hardware. But that will be painfully slow. But you
can. :-D
Post by Ed Vance
... Have you checked your smoke detector batteries & Fire Ext, LATELY?!
Mine is connected to the grid and has no battery, I checked.
Andreas
r***@iglou.com
2020-01-25 06:32:42 UTC
Oh, my gosh, a person or persons named Tayger have just donated 40,000 Euros!

Truly,
April 25-26 Commodore Los Angeles Super Show - http://www.portcommodore.com/class
r***@iglou.com

r***@iglou.com
2020-01-29 00:38:30 UTC
Mega65 developer Paul Gardner-Stephen talks about the new, sudden influx of money (in an article printed just before the crowdfunding goal was reached) and the plans for making the moulds at

http://c65gs.blogspot.com/2020/01/almost-65k-in-65-days.html