Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, Sept. 21
r***@iglou.com
2019-09-18 05:04:48 UTC
Happy Autumn, C= and Ami comrades!
The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
is Saturday, Sept. 21, from 2 to 5+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

We'll be talking about the July Commodore Vegas Expo v15 (CommVEx)
and the upcoming Oct. 23-27 Amiwest Show in Sacramento. If you want
me to look out for anything at Amiwest, tell me at the meeting. :)
The A2000 Video Toaster system will be brought in for updating, and
the other usual equipment will be there ready to set up -- Ultimate
64, VIC-20, and Plus/4 (now fully-working after its TED chip was
replaced). After seeing Archon in action at the Seattle Commodore
Computer Club, I was thinking of running Archon on the C64 or Amiga
for the enjoyment of us members! :)
Feel free to bring in any hardware or software you want to exhibit or
discuss!

Speaking for SCCAN,
Robert Bernardo
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network -
http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan
Daniel
2019-09-19 01:56:11 UTC
Re: Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, Sept. 21
Post by r***@iglou.com
We'll be talking about the July Commodore Vegas Expo v15 (CommVEx)
and the upcoming Oct. 23-27 Amiwest Show in Sacramento. If you want
me to look out for anything at Amiwest, tell me at the meeting. :)
I'm so delighted that an event will be held in sacramento. I live here so I
will look up Amiwest and coordinate a time to meet anyone from here, there.

Excited I am. Giddy is a better word.

Daniel Traechin
r***@iglou.com
2019-09-20 01:23:38 UTC
Post by Daniel
I'm so delighted that an event will be held in sacramento. I live here so I
will look up Amiwest and coordinate a time to meet anyone from here, there.
Excited I am. Giddy is a better word.
Heh... and you don't have to fly in, either. ;)

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Daniel
2019-09-20 02:11:47 UTC
Re: Re: Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, Sept. 21
Post by r***@iglou.com
Heh... and you don't have to fly in, either. ;)
Yeah. I actually miss the bbs days when a handful of local boards were
commodore user group oriented. i never joined those grouops because my focus
was on other things at the time. Wish I had
gotten into it then.

Is this show something I'd want the c64 brought with me?

Daniel Traechin
b***@netzero.net
2019-09-28 03:14:17 UTC
Post by Daniel
Is this show something I'd want the c64 brought with me?
Well, the Amiwest Show is 99% Amiga, so you should bring an Amiga. :)

However, 2 years ago, a C65 was brought in,
Daniel
2019-09-27 11:50:27 UTC
Re: Re: Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, Sept. 21
By: ***@netzero.net to Daniel on Fri Sep 27 2019 08:14 pm

I'll skip it then.
Daniel Traechin

Daniel
2019-09-20 02:12:29 UTC
Post by r***@iglou.com
Heh... and you don't have to fly in, either. ;)
Actually, that's really why Ibecame a pilot, for things like that. And weekend
getaways.
Daniel Traechin