C64c Happines is...
PalKat
2019-12-08 08:49:33 UTC
Finding a Commodore 64c with a 1541-ii, power supplies, manuals and cables in
working condition on Offer Up! I watched the listing go from $100 down to $90
and then to $50, when I pulled the trigger and scored it all for only $50!
Gary McCulloch
2019-12-08 17:33:47 UTC
On Sun 8-Dec-2019 8:49p, ***@3:770/3.0 wrote:
P> Finding a Commodore 64c with a 1541-ii, power supplies, manuals and cables
P> in
P> working condition on Offer Up! I watched the listing go from $100 down to
P> $90
P> and then to $50, when I pulled the trigger and scored it all for only $50!

Nice grab!

/ JoinLink - AmigaNet - ArakNet - C=Net - FidoNet - RetroNet.
/ Multi-Terminal Support: ANSI Ascii & Skypix! 40/80 Columns.
Garbare Mcculloch
2019-12-11 04:07:04 UTC
PalKat
2019-12-15 21:43:29 UTC
On 11 Dec 2019, Garbare Mcculloch said the following...

GM> I will have to start looking on that app. See whats in my area.

So worth it, a year ago found a Vic-20 in the original 1001 Japan box,never
used, tested and working all for $50.
Andreas Kohlbach
2019-12-16 18:38:33 UTC
Post by PalKat
On 11 Dec 2019, Garbare Mcculloch said the following...
GM> I will have to start looking on that app. See whats in my area.
So worth it, a year ago found a Vic-20 in the original 1001 Japan box,never
used, tested and working all for $50.
Where did you find it? Thrift store in Tokyo?

Don't know for the VIC-20. But the Japanese version of the C-64 had a
different number of "BASIC bytes" left than most of the other
versions. And used different default colors.
Andreas
PalKat
2019-12-16 08:29:42 UTC
On 16 Dec 2019, Andreas Kohlbach said the following...

AK> Where did you find it? Thrift store in Tokyo?

LOL the guy I got it from (he was selling it on LetGo) at the time found it at
the top of a closet in his deceased father-in-laws house. His father-in-law
was an engineer out here at Los Alamos labs and collected computers over the
decades. Some like this vic he would buy and just store away never using it.
Here is a picture of exactly what the one I got from him looks like and the box
too.

When I got it I even reached out to Michael Tomczyk on facebook, not
expecting any reply I did get one from him saying it is a legit keeper.

That vic was 2 years ago, then this past August on OfferUp I came across a
lady selling her dad's whole estate to pay for his assisted living facility.
From her I got a Commodore Plus/4 again new in the box never used. Her
father had a sister who in the early 80's had a computer store geared towards
Atari out here but also sold some Commodore. So to help the sister out he
bought some commodores, this plus/4 being one of them. He too stored it away
till his daughter found it along with a Vic-20 in the box and listed them. I
got the Plus/4 in the box for $75 but she also threw in controllers,
software and some other goodies.

It's not often but you can find deals on OfferUp and LetGo but you gotta look
often and for a while. The C64c that I got that started this thread was not
as mint condition as the other machines I got but TCL will have it and the
1541-ii like new and both for only $50, I can not complain. After the
holidays I will be posting my restoration of the C64c and 1541-ii along with
the finds of the plus/4 and vic-20/1001 on www.8bitboyz.com
Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
2020-02-05 16:53:14 UTC
Post by PalKat
Finding a Commodore 64c with a 1541-ii, power supplies,
manuals and cables in working condition [...]
scored it all for only $50!
Congratulations!

Welcome to Commodore heaven - now you need some modern
extensions like 1541U and WiFi modem as well, I guess.

:)

Ciao,
ML

READY.
[]
Andreas Kohlbach
2020-02-06 15:53:09 UTC
Post by Martin 'Martinland' Schemitsch
Post by PalKat
Finding a Commodore 64c with a 1541-ii, power supplies,
manuals and cables in working condition [...]
scored it all for only $50!
Congratulations!
Welcome to Commodore heaven - now you need some modern
extensions like 1541U and WiFi modem as well, I guess.
:)
Not to spoil the nostalgia I'd go with a real C64 modem (or any real
modem you can connect to it) and visit some BBS.
--
Andreas