Power C/asm: returning a value from assembler function?
Harry Potter
2019-12-06 01:07:58 UTC
I have Power C and am wondering: I have information on interfacing C with assembler, but it doesn't show how to return a value from an assembler function. How do I do that?
Computer Nerd Kev
2019-12-13 20:51:23 UTC
Post by Harry Potter
I have Power C and am wondering: I have information on interfacing
C with assembler, but it doesn't show how to return a value from
an assembler function. How do I do that?
Given that nobody with specific knowledge of Power C has replied,
I'll at least say that generally C compilers use the stack for
passing values to/from functions. To return a value, you push the
byte/s on inside the assembly part, then the compiler will pop them
out when it's at the helm.

This implementation is all specific to the compiler though, so you
want to look at the Power C documentation for a real answer including
the specifics of how the stack is used.
--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#
Harry Potter
Computer Nerd Kev, I thank you for your response. The manual doesn't give any information on using assembler with C. I have the information on linking C to Assembler, but it doesn't give any information on returning a value from an Assembler function. :( I'm looking again in case there's something I missed.
Harry Potter
2019-12-14 13:13:26 UTC
I didn't find it. :(
Harry Potter
2019-12-14 13:17:02 UTC
Post by Harry Potter
I didn't find it. :(
I found it. :) Sorry for wasting your time. :(