Great C64 Art from 1980s: Koala Painter and Doodle Image Formats
Add Reply
Lawrence Woodman
2020-09-26 07:11:03 UTC
Hello,

I've been looking at the C64 pictures contained on the Walnut Creek CD
and was quite surprised at how good some of the pictures were for the
1980s. I'm used to great C64 art, but associate the quality of some of
these with a later time period.

The pictures I was looking at were in either Koala Painter or Doodle
format and I was wondering if there were other tools that exported to
these formats? I assume this to be true for Doodle because some of them
are scans or video captures, but couldn't find any. I'm particularly
interested in whether some of the pictures could have been created on an
Amiga or other system and saved to one of these formats for display on
the C64.

If anyone is interested, the pictures can be seen here:

or here:
https://techtinkering.com/articles/walnut-creek-cd-c64-images/

Best wishes

Lorry

---
Retro Computers, Programming and General Technical Tinkering
https://techtinkering.com
https://youtube.com/techtinkering
r***@iglou.com
2020-09-26 21:01:32 UTC
Thanks! Some classic ones in there and some I've never seen before.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan