Assembler for C64
Daniel
2019-08-22 12:12:28 UTC
Folks,

I'm wishing to brush up on assembly and learn for the C64 as I have a game I'd
like to write. I have found a resource
or two on the net which serve as a guide for doing so. Requesting
recommendations from yall seasoned c64 types who know
the best sources.

Thanks
Daniel Traechin
c***@gmail.com
2019-09-05 13:26:32 UTC
Post by Daniel
Folks,
I'm wishing to brush up on assembly and learn for the C64 as I have a game I'd
like to write. I have found a resource
or two on the net which serve as a guide for doing so. Requesting
recommendations from yall seasoned c64 types who know
the best sources.
Thanks
Daniel Traechin
You'll need a few books or PDFs of those books:
6502 reference
6502 programming guide
C64 system reference ("C64 Programmers Reference Guide")
C64 memory map (with annotated source code)
C64 assembly programming guide

Find them on the bombjack website:
http://69.60.118.202/commodore/books.htm
And on archive.org.
Andreas Kohlbach
2019-09-05 18:36:47 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by Daniel
Folks,
I'm wishing to brush up on assembly and learn for the C64 as I have a game I'd
like to write. I have found a resource
or two on the net which serve as a guide for doing so. Requesting
recommendations from yall seasoned c64 types who know
the best sources.
Thanks
Daniel Traechin
6502 reference
6502 programming guide
I have the "bible" here; Rodnay Zaks' "Programming the 6502". It starts
with binary arithmetic, two's complement and stuff I always found hard
to understand.

Also got me recently his book about Z80 programming.
--
Andreas

My random thoughts and comments
https://news-commentaries.blogspot.com/
Daniel
2020-05-15 20:44:00 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by Daniel
like to write. I have found a resource
or two on the net which serve as a guide for doing so. Requesting
recommendations from yall seasoned c64 types who know
the best sources.
Thanks
Daniel Traechin
6502 reference
6502 programming guide
AK> I have the "bible" here; Rodnay Zaks' "Programming the 6502". It starts
AK> with binary arithmetic, two's complement and stuff I always found hard
AK> to understand.

AK> Also got me recently his book about Z80 programming.
AK> --
AK> Andreas

AK> My random thoughts and comments
AK> https://news-commentaries.blogspot.com/

Thanks to both for the responses. Sorry for the late reply. Life has been so
crazy and, especially with this shitty lockdown, got tons of priorities stacked
on me.

The Zaks book is fantastic. I also got the other guides from the library link
program.

Anyhoo I'm a bit dismayed how this echo died all of the sudden. Hope it wakes
back up.

Daniel Traechin

... Visit me at gopher://gcpp.world
mark lewis
2020-05-15 21:15:49 UTC
Re: Re: Assembler for C64
By: Daniel to Andreas Kohlbach on Sat May 16 2020 09:44:00

Daniel> Anyhoo I'm a bit dismayed how this echo died all of the sudden.
Daniel> Hope it wakes back up.

this area is 99% sleeping since i started carrying it over a decade ago... only
recently has there been some worthy traffic in it...

)\/(ark
Daniel
2020-05-16 05:45:00 UTC
-=> mark lewis wrote to Daniel <=-

ml> Re: Re: Assembler for C64
ml> By: Daniel to Andreas Kohlbach on Sat May 16 2020 09:44:00

ml> Daniel> Anyhoo I'm a bit dismayed how this echo died all of the
ml> sudden.
ml> Daniel> Hope it wakes back up.

ml> this area is 99% sleeping since i started carrying it over a decade
ml> ago... only recently has there been some worthy traffic in it...

It is to be expected these days I suppose. I 'came back' into the fold and it
was an active echo. So it surprised me when it suddenly dropped.

The pandemic has brought traffic back into usenet and irc. BBS's have appeared.
And this echo had a reverse effect. I suppose people are really busy.