GEOS (Correction)
Add Reply
J.B. Wood
2020-09-04 17:03:11 UTC
Hello, all. According to Wikipedia, GEOS was bundled with the 64C as
Erich B. had stated in his OP. I never purchased that model, having
acquired 3 breadbox models over the years. So what I stated I think was
correct but only for non-64C commodores. Sincerely,
J. B. Wood e-mail: ***@hotmail.com
Yeechang Lee
2020-09-05 04:44:48 UTC
Post by J.B. Wood
Hello, all. According to Wikipedia, GEOS was bundled with the 64C as
Erich B. had stated in his OP.
Commodore could have, instead of just bundling GEOS with the C64c,
including its kernel into ROM (and selling a cartridge with the same
for legacy owners). GEOS got pretty wide adoption as it were for a
non-game, but this would have encouraged even more widespread use. By
1987 or 1988 a productivity application running on GEOS would have
been the norm, and we might have seen GEOS-based games too.
geo:37.783333,-122.416667
Erich B.
2020-09-26 02:27:17 UTC
Post by J.B. Wood
Hello, all. According to Wikipedia, GEOS was bundled with the 64C as
Erich B. had stated in his OP. I never purchased that model, having
acquired 3 breadbox models over the years. So what I stated I think was
correct but only for non-64C commodores. Sincerely,
--
--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
* Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | Fido<>Usenet Gateway (3:770/3)

$ The Millionaire $

..."Will we ever fear the ecstasy of free thought?" - Thinkman...