Commodore History Book Recommendation
Add Reply
Jeffrey Brace
2020-09-27 18:58:57 UTC
Hello everyone,

I am looking for suggestions on books about Commodore history. I already know about Brian Bagnell's books (Commodore: On The Edge), but unfortunately his book is hard to find these days and seems out of print.

Does anyone have an alternative suggestion?

Thanks!

Jeff Brae
Andreas Kohlbach
2020-09-28 22:32:30 UTC
Post by Jeffrey Brace
Hello everyone,
I am looking for suggestions on books about Commodore history. I
already know about Brian Bagnell's books (Commodore: On The Edge), but
unfortunately his book is hard to find these days and seems out of
print.
Does anyone have an alternative suggestion?
Wikipedia has a page covering Commodore.
--
Andreas

PGP fingerprint 952B0A9F12C2FD6C9F7E68DAA9C2EA89D1A370E0
Computer Nerd Kev
2020-09-29 22:20:13 UTC
Post by Jeffrey Brace
Hello everyone,
I am looking for suggestions on books about Commodore history. I
already know about Brian Bagnell's books (Commodore: On The Edge),
but unfortunately his book is hard to find these days and seems
out of print.
Does anyone have an alternative suggestion?
"The Home Computer Wars" by Michael S. Tomczyk. "An insider's account
of Commodore and Jack Tramiel".

It's downloadable from DLH's Commodore archive:
http://69.60.118.202/generic/generic-books.htm

Or alternatively I don't think I paid very much for a second-hand
copy.
--
__ __