Dial-up BBS
J.B. Wood
2019-04-01 10:48:34 UTC
Hello, all. Is anyone still operating a dial-in BBS for CBM platforms
(presumably out of a love for retro things)? Is there a list of working
phone numbers available? My C-64 is still fully operational along with
2 1541 disk drives. (No, that's not my everyday computer.) Might be
nice to fire up that 1670 modem once again that I used for so long with
Q-Link/AOL. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,
J. B. Wood e-mail: ***@hotmail.com
Ron Lauzon
2019-04-01 17:51:33 UTC
Post by J.B. Wood
Hello, all. Is anyone still operating a dial-in BBS for CBM platforms
(presumably out of a love for retro things)? Is there a list of working
phone numbers available? My C-64 is still fully operational along with
2 1541 disk drives. (No, that's not my everyday computer.) Might be
nice to fire up that 1670 modem once again that I used for so long with
Q-Link/AOL. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,
https://www.telnetbbsguide.com/

While most are available via Telnet or SSH, some have real phone lines.

As another option, you can get one of these for your C64:
http://www.cbmstuff.com/proddetail.php?prod=WiModemOLED
which will let you access Telnet BBSs from your C64.
Crackerjak
2019-04-01 00:53:14 UTC
KrUpTiOn
2019-04-01 06:29:37 UTC
r***@iglou.com
2019-04-02 04:42:42 UTC
Cottonwood/Borderline BBS should still be going at

1-951-652-1690

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
April 27-28 Commodore Los Angeles Super Show - http://www.portcommodore.com/class
June 8-9 Pacific Commodore Expo NW - http://www.portcommodore.com/pacommex
August 10-11 Commodore Vegas Expo v15 - http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex
J.B. Wood
2019-04-02 10:33:22 UTC
Hello, all.  Is anyone still operating a dial-in BBS for CBM platforms
(presumably out of a love for retro things)?  Is there a list of working
phone numbers available?  My C-64 is still fully operational along with
2 1541 disk drives.  (No, that's not my everyday computer.) Might be
nice to fire up that 1670 modem once again that I used for so long with
Q-Link/AOL.  Thanks for your time and comment.  Sincerely,
Hello, and my thanks to Robert B. and others for the info. Sincerely,
J. B. Wood e-mail: ***@hotmail.com
KrUpTiOn
2019-04-01 06:28:40 UTC
On Apr 1st 7:49 am J.B. Wood said...

JW> Hello, all. Is anyone still operating a dial-in BBS for CBM platforms
JW> (presumably out of a love for retro things)? Is there a list of working
JW> phone numbers available? My C-64 is still fully operational along with 2
JW> 1541 disk drives. (No, that's not my everyday computer.) Might be nice
JW> to fire up that 1670 modem once again that I used for so long with

I'm setting up my modem line this week, I'll post the number here when I get it
operational! :)
Thierry64
2019-04-08 02:26:18 UTC
On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 06:48:34 -0400, "J.B. Wood"
Post by J.B. Wood
Hello, all. Is anyone still operating a dial-in BBS for CBM platforms
(presumably out of a love for retro things)? Is there a list of working
phone numbers available? My C-64 is still fully operational along with
2 1541 disk drives. (No, that's not my everyday computer.) Might be
nice to fire up that 1670 modem once again that I used for so long with
Q-Link/AOL. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,
67 commodore bbs online

http://cbbsoutpost.servebbs.com/index.php

regards

Thierry