New Multimedia BBS - TURBO56K Protocol
Thierry64
2020-04-19 03:08:30 UTC
Good morning people, i come to leave information on this project.

BBS Multimedia for Commodore 64, TURBO56k!

Here we are going to show a Drean Commodore 64 with WIFI running at a
whopping speed of "57600 bps", developed by [b]Pastbytes[/b]
This BBS is based on Server -> Client, the server runs Python
(Windows, Linux, Rasperry PI), in the client we are going to use the
Retroterm program which is a terminal programmed especially for this
new protocol called TURBO56K

In the video there is also added a voice module also developed by
Pastbytes, but the BBS works without the module.

Game server? Yes! , the server loads games via remote at maximum speed

Spotify64? of course! , there is no limit on the audio sending, in the
future a list of songs can be generated and listened to on c64 and
without time limit.

Multimedia server, it works! , the server can send images all the time
one image after another with the time limit that we want, that could
be scheduled in the not too distant future.

"The source code will be available in its entirety" in a very short
time, to be able to follow the development of the bbs in python so
with the help of the community some improvements could be made such
as, Multiple Node, better stability on the side of the server etc.

In one of the experiments I ended up including in the terminal the
streaming of 4-bit PCM audio (digitized audio) at 11KHz, that the BBS
transmits it at 57600 bps and the terminal receives it and places it
almost in real time in the volume of the SID , to achieve live audio
playback with no duration limit.

The Terminal is somewhat particular, it works only at 57600 bps and
only as a PETSCII terminal (with Commodore characters, no ANSI or even
ASCII). Normally it works at a speed equivalent to 1500 bps in PAL and
1800 bps in NTSC.

In the video the streaming can be seen at the start of the BBS, when
it emits the welcome audio. You can see the speed of text reception,
and turbo modes with screen off receiving bitmap images direct to
memory.

The Wifi modem is based on Zimodem and has some modifications

For more information do not hesitate to visit the official thread and
write in any language

http://www.retrocomputacion.com/forum/_general_/108066/nuevo-proyecto-retroterm-retrobbs-y-turbo56k/
Daniel
2020-04-21 19:22:24 UTC
Post by Thierry64
Good morning people, i come to leave information on this project.
BBS Multimedia for Commodore 64, TURBO56k!
Thierry

I'm interested in your board. Are you advertising your board on any of
the echos? I've looked at a few and don't see yours anywhere.
Daniel
2020-04-21 19:24:31 UTC
Post by Daniel
Post by Thierry64
Good morning people, i come to leave information on this project.
BBS Multimedia for Commodore 64, TURBO56k!
Thierry
I'm interested in your board. Are you advertising your board on any of
the echos? I've looked at a few and don't see yours anywhere.
Wait nevermind, this is the CBM echo on fido. Duh.
--
Daniel

Visit me at: gopher://gcpp.world
Thierry64
2020-04-21 20:16:20 UTC
Post by Daniel
Post by Daniel
Post by Thierry64
Good morning people, i come to leave information on this project.
BBS Multimedia for Commodore 64, TURBO56k!
Thierry
I'm interested in your board. Are you advertising your board on any of
the echos? I've looked at a few and don't see yours anywhere.
Wait nevermind, this is the CBM echo on fido. Duh.
Hi Daniel ! , if you have an wifi modem and zimodem firmware ( based
on bo zimmerman firmware write me , do you have a try ? , the bbs is
in test mode , no public now , but soon

thierrykurt2000 (at) hotmail (dot) com

best regards

Thierry
Daniel
2020-05-30 21:03:00 UTC
-=> Thierry64 wrote to Daniel <=-
Post by Daniel
Post by Daniel
Post by Thierry64
Good morning people, i come to leave information on this project.
BBS Multimedia for Commodore 64, TURBO56k!
Thierry
I'm interested in your board. Are you advertising your board on any of
the echos? I've looked at a few and don't see yours anywhere.
Wait nevermind, this is the CBM echo on fido. Duh.
Th> Hi Daniel ! , if you have an wifi modem and zimodem firmware ( based
Th> on bo zimmerman firmware write me , do you have a try ? , the bbs is
Th> in test mode , no public now , but soon

Ok i'll email you