Video Pak 80
Tim
2005-06-09 20:26:07 UTC
I bought a Data 20 Video Pak 80 for the C64 without manual or software and
haven't had any luck figuring out how to use it, I assume there is an SYS to
put the thing in 80 column mode. Could some one email me a scan of the
manual? Any info would be appreciated.
Willie D
2005-06-09 21:19:35 UTC
Try emailing the gut on this page.
http://www.total.net/~hrothgar/museum/Z80VideoPak/

It looks like it needed some sort of software or driver to get it
working. Good luck.
Tom Peranteau
2005-06-17 05:53:33 UTC
I just bought one too. I have no software or documentation either, so we
should keep this thread alive...
Tim
2005-06-17 18:45:31 UTC
If you have the video cable from the 64 to the Video Pak or can hookup
directly to the Video Pak try SYS 36867 and see if it will put the Video Pak
in 80 column mode, on mine it only clears the screen but I don't know if
mine is fully working.
j***@gmail.com
2005-06-22 08:14:37 UTC
I recently aquired one also including the manual. I'll try to dig it
out tomorrow afternoon and post back about options/commands.
mine is fully working.
Tom Peranteau
2005-06-26 20:31:22 UTC
Anything that you have on this would be great!
--
Tom Peranteau
http://www.vintagecbm.com
mine is fully working.
Tim
2005-06-27 00:10:17 UTC
Someone tell me how close I am to having it figured out. SYS 36864 switches
to 40 column Video Pak mode and initializes the Video Pak, SYS 36867
switches to 80 column mode and initializes the Video Pak, SYS 36870 switches
to C64 standard video from either Video Pak mode, if you have the jumper
from the C64 to the Video Pak hooked up, SYS 36873 switches from C64 video
to the previously used Video Pak mode, 40 or 80 column and doesn't
initialize the Video Pak and if you are in Video Pak mode f5 will switch to
40 column mode and initialize the Video Pak and f7 will switch to 80 column
mine is fully working.
Tom Peranteau
2005-06-27 18:29:21 UTC
I tried this and it works very well. Thanks for the update!
--
Tom Peranteau
http://www.vintagecbm.com
mine is fully working.
Tim
2005-06-27 22:16:51 UTC
I have the assembly listing of the ROM if anyone wants it drop me an email.
The video chip registers are in the C64 memory map at address 57340 and
57341, 57340 being the register number to write and 47341 being the value to
write to register, for instance try POKE 57340,10: POKE 57341,7
mine is fully working.
raymondday
2005-08-28 16:50:10 UTC
I got about every thing to the video pak 80. The 1541 disk and the paper
work. I could scan it and make a D64 image. Would that be good to do?

-Raymond Day
Leo
2005-08-29 03:21:18 UTC
Short answer: Yes!! :D

Leo
--
Im looking for Commodore 64/Vic20 Cartridges! Got any? Check out my
tradelist & items for sale at http://www.commodore64.allhell.com