Who is Lawrence Hiler?
kw
2007-02-09 02:31:10 UTC
I read that Lawrence Hiler is a commodore hardware expert? But when I
Google the guy, I can't seem to find any info. Who is Lawarence Hiler?
Anyone care to share?
Etienne von Wettingfeld
2007-02-09 12:23:14 UTC
Post by kw
I read that Lawrence Hiler is a commodore hardware expert? But when I
Google the guy, I can't seem to find any info. Who is Lawarence Hiler?
Anyone care to share?
I think it's Hiller (2 Ls), that does produces some hits.
Etienne von Wettingfeld
l***@portcommodore.com
2007-02-10 00:19:00 UTC
Post by kw
I read that Lawrence Hiler is a commodore hardware expert? But when I
Google the guy, I can't seem to find any info. Who is Lawarence Hiler?
Anyone care to share?
Aka Mr. Nike of Basement Boys Software fame - IIRC he designed the
RAMBoard (added RAM to the 1541 for copying protected disks) and did
work on a few copy programs of the time among other things.
Pete Rittwage
2007-02-10 15:27:08 UTC
Pete Rittwage
2007-02-10 15:27:19 UTC
Ray Carlsen
2007-02-14 21:59:23 UTC
I read that Lawrence Hiler is a commodore hardware expert? But when I
Google the guy, I can't seem to find any info. Who is Lawarence Hiler?
I only know his name from Chip Level Designs, the company that sold a drive
auto-copy chipset for the MSD-SD2 dual drive. Mr. Hiler also made a plug-in
adaptor board for upgrading the C128 from 16 to 64K of video RAM... no
soldering required. All this was back in the 1980s.

Ray
My return addy is spamblocked. To reply, remove the zeroes.
kw
2007-02-15 02:13:21 UTC
Check this link out.
http://www.earl-ydesigns.com/InfiniteLoop/MicroPalzaWeb.html

Says Lawrence Hiler was aka Mike J. Henry of the Basemenet Boys Software.
Even has his picture. I wonder if it is true? I also read some info that
said he was Mr. Nike.

I stumbled accross more info that says he the creator of the AutoCopy ROM's
for the MSD Dual Drive and the creator of the company "Chip Level Designs"
Link is here:
http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=197769&sid=870202afc40ce8304340a0157bdfbe80

Maybe if Lawrence is still around, he could verify his accomplishments and
wheather any of this is true.
r***@value.net
2007-02-15 08:02:01 UTC
Check this link out.http://www.earl-ydesigns.com/InfiniteLoop/MicroPalzaWeb.html