Amiga floppy issues
Ginger1
2024-01-05 07:07:21 UTC
Hi all,

Trying my luck with an Amiga issue on this C= echo.

I'm having issues with formatting (nevermind writing to or reading from)
floppies on my 1200.

I've basically stiffed the internal drive. Now, trying to format a floppy in my
external drive...I get a consistent "Couldn't format Cylinder 0" error. The
floppies in question were very well cared for and previously working fine - and
it is happening across all of them.

I'm worried I have somehow fried the drive logic on the motherboard, as I was
previously having the same issue on the internal drive (leading to my ill-fated
repair attempts.)

Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated!
Robert Bernardo
2024-01-06 07:09:46 UTC
Until the internal disk drive was replaced in my A600, I used an external disk drive.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan
Felice Murolo
2024-01-07 04:24:46 UTC
Post by Ginger1
Hi all,
Trying my luck with an Amiga issue on this C= echo.
I'm having issues with formatting (nevermind writing to or reading from)
on my 1200.
I've basically stiffed the internal drive. Now, trying to format a floppy
my external drive...I get a consistent "Couldn't format Cylinder 0" error.
floppies in question were very well cared for and previously working fine
and it is happening across all of them.
I'm worried I have somehow fried the drive logic on the motherboard, as I
previously having the same issue on the internal drive (leading to my
repair attempts.)
Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated!
Hi, it seems like a High Density - Low-Density problem.
Try covering the little window on the right with some tape.

Ciao.
Felix